For this week's (sorta-kinda dated) installment of Comix Tawk... Reggie and I take a look at a 10-Point Plan outlined by Brian Hibbs at the 2019 ComicsPRO Meeting, which he felt would keep the industry healthy (or perhaps even make it even healthier/actually healthy!). So, please spend an hour listening to a couple of guys with zero experience in comics retail, discuss a fella who's been "in the trenches" for decades!
The 10-Points we discuss here include:
- Stop Mixing SKU’s
- Sales Charts with a “penetration index” – # of accounts purchasing specific SKU’s
- Abandon “meets or exceeds” thinking
- Tie variant SKU’s to native base sales (1 variant per 20k sales)
- Tie variants to percentage of publisher’s line (25%)
- Shipping information in a box-by-box format, and review discounts and shipping
- FOC locked no later than noon Fridays, including all aft and information otherwise 100% returnable
- Every comic should be listed in PREVIEWS, not available only at FOC.
- Data Summit to determine where and when to assign “Series Codes”
- First three issues of every new series to be fully returnable from all publishers (including one-shots and mini-series)